ACPAN is pleased to provide our accreditation service for education providers who aim at enhancing the knowledge of the perianaesthesia nursing profession leading to improved health outcomes for our community. ACPAN Accreditation provides a national benchmark for the perianaesthesia nursing profession. The accreditation process is designed to enable nurses to recognise that ACPAN Accredited Education providers:
- are assessed against a set of standards that are developed in-line with professional nursing and education requirements;
- comply the standards set by ACPAN; and
- contribute to perianaesthesia nurses’ education and professional development.
Education activities are defined as courses, workshops, education event, seminar and web resources or eLearning.
Benefits of accreditation:
By accrediting a course, a course is granted the following benefits:
- Use of the ACPAN accreditation logo on course materials and website;
- Promotion of education activity on ACPAN website, education calendar and email marketing to ACPAN members;
- Link to education activities on relevant website;
- Awarded with ACPAN Continuous Professional Development points (allocated by the ACPAN Education Council).
Education providers should refer to the ACPAN Accreditation Document when preparing an application for consideration to ensure that the quality of the education activity submitted meets the requirements of ACPAN.
Requirements of accreditation:
- Adhere to eligibility requirements for the duration of ACPAN Accreditation and immediately inform ACPAN if these circumstances change;
- A business/ company director or owner of the organisation must be a financial member of ACPAN;
- A minimum 5% discount of education activities applies for ACPAN Members;
- Provide an annual report to maintain accreditation
Accreditation providers eligibility for application:
To be considered for ACPAN Accreditation, refer to the following requirements.
Eligibility for application:
Education providers applying for ACPAN Accreditation must (at a minimum) meet the following criteria:
- Company/ Business must be a financial member of ACPAN;
- Provide operational details of the business/ company providing the education including relevant policies, procedures, business plans;
- Have experience in delivering education to perianaesthesia nurses and be able to demonstrate this by providing a relevant CV;
- Education activities are delivered by professionals who possess experience and qualifications in:
- Education; and
- Perianaesthesia Nursing (or equivalent) and
- Hold valid and current nurse registration with AHPRA.