The ACPAN Clinical Fellowship program is designed for practicing peri-anaesthesia nurses who would like to demonstrate their advanced specialisation and emerge as clinical leaders in our field of healthcare.
The program is suitable for Registered Nurses with a minimum of 2 years full-time (or equivalent part-time) anaesthetics and post-anaesthetic care (PACU) experience.
All applications are assessed for eligibility into the ACPAN Clinical Fellowship by the ACPAN Education Council.
To be eligible for the ACPAN Clinical Fellowship Program all the following essential criteria must be met:
- Financial Membership of ACPAN;
- Registered Nurse (Div. 1), registered with AHPRA;
- Credentialed to Level 1 and Level 2 ACPAN Education Curriculum;
- Currently employed in the Perianaesthesia environment (Anaesthetics and/or PACU);
- Minimum 2 years full-time (or the equivalent part-time) experience in Anaesthetics and PACU with 1 of those years consisting of full- time (or the equivalent part-time) experience in Anaesthetics; and
- PeriAnaesthesia post graduate qualification or equivalent as per ACPAN Level 2 Education Curriculum.
ACPAN Clinical Fellowship
To successfully complete the clinical fellowship program, candidates are required to meet the following requirements:
- Obtain both Adult and Paediatric Advanced Life Support certification accredited by ACPAN;
- Complete a PeriAnaesthesia Crises course accredited by ACPAN; and
- Pass the ACPAN Oral Viva examination.
- Duration: Minimum 1 year (maximum 2 years)
- Applications open: 1st January each calendar year
- Applications Close: 31st March in the fellowship calendar year.
Total cost of the ACPAN Clinical Fellowship program is $1500 + GST. This cost includes:
- ALS and PALS courses;
- Perianaesthesia Crisis Management Course;
- Oral Viva Examination fees;
- 1 day of ACPAN National Conference attendance (includes academic gown use); and
- Administration costs for program.
This cost does NOT include travel, accomodation or other associated costs by undertaking the ACPAN Clinical Fellowship program.
complete the application form which will require you to upload your CV and certificates.
For ACPAN Clinical Fellowship program terms and conditions click here.
Enquiries should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org