As the peak organisation, representing the professional interests of anaesthetic and post anaesthetic nurses, The Australian College of Peri-Anaesthesia Nurses (ACPAN) aims to promote the highest standards of peri anaesthetic care, based on available evidence, consultation, and expert consensus.
The ACPAN Clinical Fellowship program is designed for practicing peri-anaesthesia nurses who would like to demonstrate their advanced specialisation and emerge as clinical leaders in our field of healthcare.
The program is suitable for Registered Nurses with a minimum of 2 years full-time (or equivalent part-time) anaesthetics and/or PACU experience. One of those years MUST BE in Anaesthesia as full time equivalent.
**FROM 2018, all ACPAN fellowship applications must have completed post graduate certificate in perianaesthesia nursing (or equivalent) prior to enrolment. You will need to provide this evidence during application to be considered for enrolment.
All applications are assessed for eligibility into the ACPAN Clinical Fellowship by ACPAN College Chief Examiner.
If you need to undertake a graduate certificate, you can find out more about the ACPAN Members UTAS scholarship for post graduate certificate in anaesthetics/ recovery here
To be eligible for the ACPAN Clinical Fellowship Program the following essential criteria must be met:
- Financial Membership of ACPAN,
- Registered Nurse (Div. 1), registered with AHPRA
- Currently employed in the Peri-anaesthetic area (Anaesthetics and/or PACU), and
- Minimum 2 years full-time (or the equivalent part-time) experience in Anaesthetics and/or PACU with 1 of those years consisting of full- time (or the equivalent part-time) experience in Anaesthetics
- PeriAnaesthesia qualification or equivalent.
ACPAN Clinical Fellowship
To successfully complete the clinical fellowship program, candidates are required to meet the following requirements:
- Graduate Certificate in PeriAnaesthesia Nursing or RPL equivalent
- Obtain Adult and Paediatric Advanced Life Support certification
- Complete a Management of PeriAnaesthesia Crises course
- Maintain a logbook of workplace experience (via the ACPAN APP)
- Obtain Multi-source feedback of your performance
- Pass the mid-year ACPAN exam (Multiple choice exam), and finally
- Pass the Oral Viva assessment
Duration: Minimum 1 year (maximum 2 years)
Applications open: 1st August for the following year intake.
Applications Close: 31st December.
Apply Now and complete the application form which will require you to upload your CV.
For more information, please click here to view the Clinical Fellowship Overview document.
For ACPAN Clinical Fellowship program terms and conditions click here.
Enquiries should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org